Steny Hoyer had this to say about the pending sunset of the Bush Tax Cuts:
“We have no intention of allowing the Republican tax increase — that their policies would lead to — to go into effect for working Americans, period. We’re going to act and make sure that the Republican phase out and increase in taxes does not end as they provided for in the laws they passed.”Oh, just go to the tape -
If you look behind Mr. Hoyer's head, I think that backdrop reads: "We Make It Up, America!"
- Voted YES on extending AMT exemptions to avoid hitting middle-income. (Jun 2008)
- Voted YES on paying for AMT relief by closing offshore business loopholes. (Dec 2007)
- Voted NO on retaining reduced taxes on capital gains dividends. (Dec 2005)
- Voted NO on providing tax relief and simplification. (Sep 2004)
- Voted NO on making permanent an increase in the child tax credit. (May 2004)
- Voted NO on permanently eliminating the marriage penalty. (Apr 2004)
- Voted NO on making the Bush tax cuts permanent. (Apr 2002)
- Voted NO on $99 B economic stimulus: capital gains income tax cuts. (Oct 2001)
- Voted NO on Tax cut package of $958 B over 10 years. (May 2001)
- Voted NO on eliminating the Estate Tax ("death tax"). (Apr 2001)
- Voted NO on eliminating the "marriage penalty". (Jul 2000)
- Voted NO on $46 billion in tax cuts for small business. (Mar 2000)
Does he really thinks that we are all really THAT stupid that we won't talk amongst ourselves [see "world wide web"] and see him for the hypocrite that he is? If the above is any proof, then I would have to say the answer is a resounding "Yes", he really does...