|3/20/2010 Anti-Obamacare Rally|
Let me start by saying that I have made no secret that I am a proud member of the Tea Party movement and have been since February 27, 2009 when I attended my first rally in City Hall Park in New York City. Since that day, I have attended many small to medium rallies sponsored by our local New York City Tea Party groups, and was in Washington for the very first 9/12 Rally on September 12, 2009 where it was reported that from 500 to 2,000,000 people attended. We all had different reasons for coming together, but mostly we knew (and still do) there was a coming fiscal disaster-train heading our way and we desperately wanted to slow that train down to minimize the damage.
We were mocked, called silly and stupid names, and became the butt of about every prurient joke the MSM et al. could throw at us. They mocked our collective ages, weight, I.Q.s, and costumes all in hopes of dissuading us and sending us running back to our Laz-y-boy recliners. Still we would not be dissuaded even when our Democrat Congressional leaders in the halls of the Congress and the MSM were telling us with great sincerity that we were all sad, misguided astro-turfers being led by unseen evil forces and would soon peter out (no pun intended) to be a unimportant footnote in history.
But then came the March 20, 2010 rally to protest the upcoming Congressional vote on Obamacare. That's when the first real cries of "racism" could be heard in earnest. The Congressional Black Caucus lead by Reps. Emanuel Cleaver, Andre Carson, and John Lewis accused us of hurling racial slurs and spitting at them with a little Rep. Barney Frank thrown in to hurl the cries of "homophobia". When asked to provide some kind of proof, they stood by their accusations steadfastly recounting flashbacks to yesteryears and imploring everyone to trust them. Even after the late Andrew Breitbart offered $250K for any video or photographic proof that would prove their accusations to be true, they could not find one shred of evidence in support. There are hours of video and audio footage from every conceivable angle of their walk through the teaming throngs of protesters [see photo above] as these heinous acts allegedly occurred. Hours of video and audio of the accusers and the accused, but not one moment of video or audio that could prove these accusations to be anything but false. Fortunately, we had learned early the ways of the MSM and collectively knew that we must maintain our own video record. A sad fact that I am almost certain that Reps. Cleaver, Carson, Lewis, and Frank had not been clever enough to foresee.
For the record, the following is the list of the Official Tea Party priorities from the “Contract From America“ published on April 14, 2010:
(1) Protect the Constitution;For three and half years now, I, and many that I know, have been called "racists" in every conceivable venue - on the floor of Congress (both houses), by the President, in the MSM, on liberal blogs, by liberal pundits and comedians, and in every manner of public social media, because we dare to speak out against the fiscal policies of our present Administration and just will not go away. Why, only this week, I was called a racist on Facebook because I am member of the Tea Party and, as the equation has been well established by now, Tea Party = "racist". It is sad when people are so blinded by their own ignorant hatred that they can brand an entire group of people by the actions of a very few. Judging an entire group because of the actions of few used to be called "bigotry", but now it's called...well, I still call it "bigotry" and I am going to double down and call it "self-righteous bigotry" at that. For the record, there was a statement made at a Arkansas Tea Party rally that was deemed racist. The person making the statement was publicly condemned and removed from their leadership position within hours of her statement.
(2) Reject Cap and Trade;
(3) Demand a Balanced Budget;
(4) Enact Fundamental Tax Reform;
(5) Restore Fiscal Responsibility and Constitutionally Limited Government in Washington;
(6) End Runaway Government Spending;
(7) Defund, Repeal, and Replace Government-run Health Care;
(8) Pass an ‘All-of-the-Above” Energy Policy;
(9) Stop the Pork;
(10) Stop the Tax Hikes
But what finally put me on the ledge this week were these little tidbits! Where is the outrage and condemnation from those liberals who abhor hate-filled, violent images and rhetoric? Let's just say right off the bat, if either of these images were Obama-related, people would have lost their jobs, possibly have been jailed, or, at the very least would have been outed and humiliated into making a public apology...
First - Well, we've talked about this one:
Oh, I know, the HBO Props Department just happened to have a severed head of George W. Bush lying around in their "Stock Severed Heads" closet and thought it would be really cheeky to put it on a spike in a scene in their hit series "Game Of Thrones". It probably would have been one of those inside jokes that those in the Props Department could have quietly howled about for years. But they just had to brag about how clever they were in the "Special Features" section on the DVD. Oh, yes, HBO issued their stock apology (no doubt from their "Stock Apology" closet), but I want to know who is in charge of the Props Department and I want him or her outed and publicly condemned in full living color.
Oh, and then there is this:
Shocking, isn't it? I mean, perhaps Martin Bashir, currently with NBC News as a contributor for its Dateline program, and an afternoon anchor for MSNBC, should not be fantasizing about blowing up a bus especially a bus of a current US Presidential candidate and broadcasting that fantasy in full color video. I mean, he's British of Pakistani descent - that same Pakistan that protected Osama bin Laden, so, I am going to go out on limb and call Mr. Martin Bashir of MSNBC a terrorist. Well, I mean, why not? I've already been called a racist, an ignorant hillbilly, a moron, a Teabagger, a Rethuglican, so why not add "bigot" and "xenophobe" to the pile. Oh, yeah, I've been called those too.