Saturday, April 23, 2011

Maybe It's NOT Good to Be King

It's good to be King!
from "History of the World, Part One"
by Mel Brooks
You think this is going to be about the upcoming nuptials of Prince William of Wales and Catherine "Kate" Middleton. Though  I can't wait to see what dress she wears, I will save that for next week. Today let's discuss why President Obama should want a second term. Some of the statements he's made lately make me wonder why he is even bothering since it has turned out not to be anything like he thought it was going to be. It must be hard to be thwarted at every turn by those who do not recognize his brilliance and benevolent present-ness.

Exhibit One - From the March 11, 2011 New York Times
Mr. Obama has told people that it would be so much easier to be the president of China. As one official put it, 'No one is scrutinizing Hu Jintao’s words in Tahrir Square.'"

It must be frustrating, having to work within the confines of our pesky U.S. Constitution.

Exhibit Two - From the April 15, 2011 Chicago Sun Times
“I always thought I was gonna have, like, really cool phones and stuff,” Obama said Thursday in Chicago. “We can’t get our phones to work. Come on, guys. I’m the president of the United States! Where’s the fancy buttons and stuff and the big screen comes up? It doesn’t happen.” He goes on to complain that ..."[g]overnment information technology [is] horrible.”

He was speaking off the cuff at on of those many fundraisers he has been attending lately. I can really understand that this must be really disappointing!

Exhibit Three - From an April 11, 2011 session with editors and publishers from Hearst Magazines
"I just miss - I miss being anonymous," he said at the meeting in the White House. "I miss Saturday morning, rolling out of bed, not shaving, getting into my car with my girls, driving to the supermarket, squeezing the fruit, getting my car washed, taking walks. I can't take a walk." He says he enjoys golf but is not the fanatic that some have portrayed. "It's the only excuse I have to get outside for four hours at a stretch," he said.

This is the one that really got to me. I realize he finally hit on the one issue for which we can all come together. I mean, I think we can all agree completely that we miss him being anonymous too, right? Let the healing begin...

Oh, and by the way, do you think there are "rich people" at those fundraisers? Wouldn't it be more productive just to ask these "rich people" to donate their funds directly to the treasury rather than ask them to donate millions of dollars to get him re-elected so that he can take that money away in "rich people" taxes?

16 comments:

AndrewPrice said...

Bev, I think he'll happily go for a second term because he and his wife like the perks of the job... the five star restaurants, the trips to exotic locations, disrupting traffic, rubbing shoulders with famous rich people who want to put money in his underwear....

BevfromNYC said...

Of course he will and is. He just wants everyone to feel HIS pain. He HAS to play so much golf to get any "alone" time. It's so gosh darn hard to have to make all those decisions all day long and to never get to just take a walk. Though he doesn't actually MAKE any decisions. He says words and "stuff", but no actual decisions you can pin anything on.


BTW, I hope you're feeling better!

DUQ said...

He wants to stay in power to keep someone else from running the Justice Department and investigating his administration!

BevfromNYC said...

You know what really bothers me is these musings are things a real leader says AFTER he retires in that post Administration book. Have you ever heard any President complain about being President while he was in office? He doesn't HAVE to do it.

Tam said...

Not only to complain while he's in office, but to fantasize about being a commie dictator! Seriously, what president of the USA would say out loud how much easier it would be to be the "president" of China? Jeez...get us out of this mess! 563 more days....

BevfromNYC said...

I interrupt my post to bring you something unrelated, but from Huffington Post that is an unexpectedly refreshing -

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-video/adam-carolla-one-mans-opinion/915242720001

AndrewPrice said...

Thanks Bev, I am feeling better. Though now I'm having computer problems. Of course, life was meant to be complicated I guess?

I agree with both you and Tam. This is the sort of thing you don't hear until many years later when you get a memoir. And even then, his complaints strike me as very petty. And I CANNOT imagine a US President saying that he wishes he was the leader of some foreign power -- especially a dictatorship. What an ass!!

AndrewPrice said...

Bev, Here's the link: LINK

What's it about? I'm not sure my computer will want to get there right now.... it seems to have caught my virus. :-(

BevfromNYC said...

Unfortunately all of these were just reported in print, no video that I can find. These would make for great campaign ads...

Ed said...

Bev, If he's complaining this much in public, can you imagine how much he's complaining about us in private?

BevfromNYC said...

Andrew - the clip is from a podcast by Adam Carolla in regards to Rev. Jones. I am just surprised that it made it through the editors at HuffPo. Not exactly the party line for HuffPo -
Here's the jist -

"I know you're all pissed off about Terry Jones, the pastor that burned the Koran. You say 'He's so out of line, so insensitive.'

Yes, he's a nut job, there's a nut job on every corner. But how about we start judging a religion that decides to kill people when you burn their text?"

BevfromNYC said...

So Andrew, did you give your virus to your computer? Whatever you do, do not use chicken soup to fix it! The noodles wreak havoc on the hard drive...

AndrewPrice said...

Bev, It is amazing that got through the censors at Huffpo. Why, that's almost hate speech. . . which we know is much worse than hate-bombings or hate-murder.


I think my computer is finally fixed, but we'll see. What a pain!

StanH said...

The blithering boy king, didn’t sign up for all this decision stuff, I mean he almost has to make decisions from time to time, and people can almost judge him…that’s mean.

I no longer am surprised by anything Barry has to say.

Writer X said...

Poor, Baby! Let's hope he can return to his coloring books and video games after the next election.

Tehachapi Tom said...

Bev
Exhibit three is right on. He misses his being anonymous, so do I.

Things were much better before any of us had even heard of him.

Post a Comment